The purpose of the Application Engineering role is to provide daily technical sales and engineering expertise to our outside sales team and customers. This includes reviewing customer applications and engineering specifications, creating technical quotations and proposals, providing training, and supporting the documentation needs of our validated customers.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specification/application review for sales & trials, preparation of bid proposals & quotations for custom products, and offering pre-sales application engineering guidance for all WMFTG product selection.
Provide technical support for products in the field, offering guidance to improve installations and troubleshoot problematic installations/operations. This may include evaluating failed hoses, reviewing and responding to specifications/drawings, communicating with the factories on detailed problems, issuing or responding to complaints on a customer’s behalf, making field visits, etc.
Assist in providing product training to customers and sales engineers. This to include both theoretical (classroom presentations) as well as hands on product training within our wet training center including the complete set-up and running of customer demonstrations.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams: sales, engineering, customer service, purchasing, production, shipping and accounting for seamless customer order management.
- Generate Bill of Materials and all pertinent documentation to facilitate processing of an order into production and raising the order on our system. This includes but is not limited to working with Vendors on proper specification of product, raising and maintaining Product Specification Records, compiling equipment lists, generating custom drawings or instructions relating to a job, etc.
- Prepare submittal and other related project documentation for customer review and approval prior to releasing equipment.
- Lead Handling: Collect clear and useful customer and application data for sales inquiries to facilitate follow-up by a sales representative.
- Frequent telephone and written contact with customers, sales team, and factory personnel, and occasional field visits to customers for the purpose of making presentations, assessing applications, educating on our value proposition, or troubleshooting.
- Field Service: Provide field support for installed equipment such as start-up, training, testing and troubleshooting.
- Records: Maintain project records, general engineering & technical records, and contribute to the proper documentation recording in our engineering department per ISO procedures.
- Utilize experience to assist in department level continual improvement projects as required.
- Other: Assist with other tasks as delegated by the Engineering Services Manager.
- 2-5 years related product and market experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Team oriented, well organized and detail oriented.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting peristaltic pump equipment and pump control systems is preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to resolve problems independently and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills required to communicate with internal and external resources.
- Proficient in Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business.
- Functional knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Microsoft Dynamics AX experience a plus.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
Send resumes to Mike Batchelder, Mike.Batchelder@wmftg.com