We now have an opportunity for someone with experience in defining and implementing a set of Data Management policies, creating engaging training materials to support these and being able to work across different areas of the business to review and support our employees. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to engage and interact with a variety of different teams and individuals.
They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work to tight deadlines and targets. They will be inquisitive, self-motivated and analytical as well as being able to work well with others by having sound interpersonal and communication skills.
Experience in the following would further help a candidate fulfil the role:
- Data management standards and best practice
- GDPR regulations
- Strong leadership experience working in cross functional roles
- Experience using Sharepoint and Visio
WMFTG operates in a wide variety of industry sectors providing world leading fluid path solutions for a wide range of applications. As such it is essential that candidates are open to learning and developing new skills. They will be friendly, enthusiastic and able to work accurately unsupervised. It is essential that they have the ability to prioritise competing priorities and organise their own time to meet deadlines.
Main duties including but not limited to
- Establish the governance and quality standards for the organisation’s data management and ensures
compliance across the organisation
- Work with data strategy, legal/privacy, and function/market teams to establish and maintain data
policies and standards that enable use-cases and ensure legal/ethical compliance
- Define data management operational processes (e.g., data quality measurement) in accordance with
policies and standards, clearly articulating roles and responsibilities
- Develop a roadmap for platforms, processes, and tools needed to effectively handle data company-wide
- Monitor and measure compliance to standards and processes
- Stay ahead of data governance best practices and adapt to emerging technologies and policies and continuously improve the data governance strategy
- Conduct training sessions with the data stewards on the policy, standards and processes
- Lead the deployment of the Data Governance framework to all WMFTG companies
- Continually review and develop the Data Governance framework
- Report single entity Data Governance performance
- Liaise with group companies and AX data team to ensure data correction is completed efficiently
- Produce supporting material on best practices
- Define a set of Data governance KPI’s and “cost” of poor data to a company and the Group
- Contribute a monthly update in News Flow
- Maintain the Data Governance sharepoint portal
- Work directly with and support the Local data champions and centralised team
- Travel to group companies to support the Data Governance Framework
So what is it like to work at WMFTG?
Our Core Values are very important to us at Watson-Marlow and guide everything we do. As such we are committed to inclusion, embracing differences, and creating environments where everybody can thrive. You will be working with a fantastic team of committed individuals and receive a competitive remuneration package.
Internal applicants must inform their manager of their intention to apply.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact: Andrew Jones – email@example.com
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 14 May 2021