Please Note: We have 7 Energy Engineer/Specialist roles in total across a variety of locations globally. Please select the location(s) you would like to apply for when completing the application form. There are multiple location options for some of the roles which is why there are more than 7 locations listed.
Why Spirax Sarco?
Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc is a multi-national engineering group that has its headquarters in Cheltenham, UK. The Group comprises world-leading engineering businesses: Spirax Sarco and Gestra for steam specialties; Watson-Marlow for niche peristaltic pumps and associated fluid path technologies; and Chromalox and Thermocoax for thermal technologies and industrial heating applications. With our diverse workforce giving us global strength, we serve over 100,000 customers in 130 countries across multiple industries to deliver our Company purpose of engineering a more efficient, safer and sustainable world.
We are looking for sustainability professionals to help us make a difference every day as we work to leave a world to future generations that is better than the one we inherited. As part of our strong commitment to sustainability we are hiring for more than 20 new roles across our Group. These new and exciting positions are going to be essential in helping us to deliver our refreshed Sustainability strategy and to meet the goals and stretching targets we have set.
Climate change is defining the global narrative and we believe that businesses must lead the way in making positive contributions and having a positive impact. If you believe you have the expertise and passion to help us achieve our vision, we want to hear from you.
One of the roles that is going to be critical to our success is the Energy Engineer/Specialist role. There are 7 vacancies in total in multiple locations globally - US, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, China or India. Specific locations within these markets are listed on the application page.
Our Energy Engineers/Specialists will empower, engage and take action to make a positive and sustainable impact across our business and communities internationally.
As an Energy Engineer/Specialist, you will enable change across the region you support as we transition to a net zero business.
Specifically, your focus will be on finding efficient, clean and innovative ways to minimise energy use, substitute fossil fuel technology and decarbonise our buildings and infrastructure to enable Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc to meet our ambitious net zero targets.
The Energy Engineer/Specialist role requires you to:
- Work across multiple sites, collaborating with senior managers and their teams to design, deliver and evolve our low carbon roadmaps
- Monitor energy consumption and usage patterns within our organisation, identifying areas where energy is used inefficiently and wasted and taking action to prevent this
- Enhance data management to improve programme tracking and support the digitalisation and automation strategy of our business
- Support the development of the technical expertise and engagement of site teams to deliver sustainable operational control in the long term
- Carry out site inspections and energy audits to identify opportunities and support implementation
- Prepare detailed programmes of work, feasibility studies and cost and carbon saving estimates
- Liaise and negotiate with specialist contractors and other relevant organisations
- Develop and improve operational control and site procedures to enhance efficiency of energy, reduce wastage and comply with Group policies
- Engage third parties to identify, develop and support the implementation of onsite renewable energy technologies, where viable.
- A willingness to travel across the region you’re supporting.
Experience and qualifications:
- Degree/postgraduate degree in a STEM or engineering discipline with a proven track record in energy management or a related discipline
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of energy fundamentals, metering monitoring and targeting techniques, building management systems, heat recovery, compressed air and HVAC
- Experience of successful project management in a manufacturing or comparable business environment
- Experience co-ordinating multiple projects, ideally across different geographies
- Experience of engaging, empowering and enabling multiple stakeholders
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of energy and carbon management, the Greenhouse Gas Management Hierarchy, and credible approaches to developing net zero emissions plans
- An energy management qualification, such as UK Energy Institute Level 2 or local equivalent, is desirable