The Division Manager - Industry Division, is newly created position. As part of the WM China’s leadership team, this role has direct responsibility and full accountability in accelerating sales growth in F&B, Environmental water treatment and general industrial sectors. The role will develop, own and deliver the WM China sector strategy for the organizational and business growth in alignment with WMFTG global and local strategic objectives. This leader is responsible for understanding the market drivers and delivering divisional P&L performance in accordance with the five year strategy and annual plan, performing quarterly analysis to adapt priorities as necessitated by business trends. Key activities include sector sales, marketing, engineering support, project management as well as full P&L responsibility. This leader should expect to participate as a core team member or critical stakeholder in WMFTG global strategic projects that impact the sector.
- Operate the business in full compliance with the law, ISO 9001/14001quality systems and in alignment with our Core Values of safety, customer focus, excellence, respect, integrity, and collaboration. Embrace diversity, employee engagement, sustainability, and ethical business practices in all we do.
- Sustain the company’s leadership reputation as a technical solutions provider by leveraging a strong professional network and understanding customer needs/trends.
- Responsible for short and medium term development and delivery of the China industry business plan, aligned to WMFTG’s local and global strategic objectives.
- Full P&L and KPI responsibility for sector performance. Managing annual plan budget, conducting quarterly analysis and adapting to market drivers and trends.
- Responsible for allocating resources to drive strategic and continual improvement. This include assigning accountabilities, managing and developing people, and capital investing plans.
- Oversee the F&B sector team, Environmental water treatment sector team and general industrial sector team. Leading, coaching, and developing divisional talent aligned with our consultative selling approach, aligning the business enterprise around our customer value proposition
- Optimize the company’s direct-sales route to market to drive WMFTG’s solution portfolio across both end-user and OEM accounts, further specializing the sales organization and integration of sales and routes to market acquisitions and new products.
- Deliver high level consistent quality of services through process focused approach to sales, engineering services, project engineering, pre and post sales service and marketing by establishing and enforcing organizational standards for performance excellence.
- Collaborate with global sector or functional leaders to achieve regional alignment with WMFTG global strategies, including serving as a core team member or key stakeholder on strategic projects.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of relevant business leadership experience in an international company
- Master’s degree in engineering, science or business
- More than ten years of team management and people development experience
- Results oriented believer in strong coaching culture and accountable performance management
- Must be a capable, collaborative change agent – this is a new position carving out a new division
- Experience with strategic planning, execution and process oriented project management
- Experience of creating annual financial plans and managing to them.
- Experience with the rigorous financial controls of a publically traded business
- High level of English written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and capable to achieve results working through a team
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Responsible for directing the Sector focused sales teams, Engineering services, customer service and Marketing.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and a suite of digital tools such as MS AX, Teams, SharePoint, Power Apps and Office 365 for communication, collaboration and documentation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must pass through the physical examination organized by company.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires up to 30% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
To apply please send your CV to Anya.Loh@wmftg.com